background

Friday, September 9, 2011

Week from hell!!

*warning long post with a gruesome picture*

Well I found a roommate and we had just moved into our trailer when I got a call at work, my roommate had gotten in a huge fight with the land lord and we had to be out by the end of the month (this is the day before Thanksgiving) well I am going out of town the next day and will be gone the whole weekend and then back to work monday (the 1st is the following wed so I have to move my stuff today.)I was so excited that I had finally had a place since I was living "out of my car" for the past 3 months and had no idea where I was going to go so I had a minor breakdown. Needless to say about 5 hours later I had packed and moved all my stuff (except my mattress)and went to my friends house where I was behind schedule on making a million rolls for Thanksgiving dinner the following day, well this night I get sick to my stomach with a minor stomach flu type thing or stress related or who knows what.

Thursday I do an early Thanksgiving dinner with my friend and her family and then drove to Houston to stay the weekend, I had to stop a little over half way there to sleep for a half hour cuz I was so tired and still not feeling well (it should have been an indicator to me that something was wrong since this NEVER happens to me.) Well we do Thanksgiving dinner and hang out for a bit then make our plans for black friday shopping!!! MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY!:) My friend, her brother and sister in law and I all set out for shopping we had a list of a few stores to hit and a few things to grab it was fun but I was still wiped out ( I may have almost passed out while standing in line at one of the stores.) We got back to her brothers house where we all took a nap for a bit. Friday we just kind of hung out, us girls went to a movie and we did a little more shopping.

Saturday my friend and I went to the Renessance Festival, it was soooo much fun and such an amazing experience!! On the way back we met her bro and his family for dinner and then bought hair dye (we had a girls hair dying night). Well something that I hadn't mentioned to anyone was that my left leg has been bothering my for a few days there is an ingrown hair or something that has become infected it was swollen and so tender and all the walking from the past 2 days about did me in. I decided if it still bothered me on monday I would go to a clinic after work.. It couldn't be anything serious..

Well come monday morning at work I was in so much pain and it was so swollen that I could barely walk and couldn't do much with the kids. My amazing boss sent me home so I could go to a doctor. I went to just one of the walk in clinic places and she told me that I had a staph infection and to take hot baths, put warm compresses on it, stay off of it for a day and take the meds she gave me and it should be fine. So I went to my friends house where I was staying and did just that. (her and her sweet dad went and got my mattress for me.) Well that evening I woke up from a nap and knew something was wrong and that I needed to go to the hospital. I was in sooooo much pain and I couldn't stop crying! My friends mom took me to my friends work where she took me to our Bishops house ( he is a doctor) he looked at it and advised me to go in and called the ER to tell them we were coming.

I couldn't walk and I was shaking so bad because I was in so much pain, the people in the ER were fantastic! They got me started on an iv for pain and then numbed the area so they could lance it OMG!!! one of the most painful things ever!! They admitted me and told me I would be there for a couple days. Well Tuesday morning the doctor came in to check on me and decided they needed to do surgery he felt like they didn't get all the infection out so scheduled me for later that day or the next depending on things. At this point I think mom and dad were pretty worried and ready to come be with me but I reassured them that I had great friends who were caring for me.

Wednesday morning I went in for surgery where they removed the rest of the infection ( he said it is a good thing we did surgery because there were some really deep pockets of infection) he also told me that the wound needed to be left open so it could heal from the inside out and that they would be hooking me up to a woundvac to help with that. I was in so much pain and things didn't seem to be getting better and that afternoon the doctor came back in and had told me that I now have mersa which is resistant to antibiotics so they put me on a "toxic" antibiotic which keeps blowing my veins and they have to keep checking my blood to see if the infection is getting any better, and I am getting shots in my hip every few hours for the pain so I have now turned into a human pin cushion! I would have been a total wreck without my parents being here but I have such amazing friends and bosses that I was surviving just fine!

Thursday morning they came in to hook me up to the vac ok now this is one of the most painful things ever!! I was by myself and it sucked!! I was crying so hard I was hyperventalating and I was just done with it all! Done with being poked! Done with being in pain! Done with EVERYTHING!!!!! I couldn't stop crying like seriously I would calm myself down and the nurse would walk in and I'd bawl, the doctor came in I bawled, my friends boyfriend came to sit with me and he walked in and I bawled I was just a mess and wanted my family! I also discovered today that I have cellulitis in my leg - not fun!

Friday morning I was doing a bit better things kinda seemed like they were turning up for me.. I was finally gonna get a sponge bath and get cleaned up a bit (sad how excited I got for someone to help me wash off.) My spirits were a little higher and my doctor said if I wasn't going home within the next few days that he would put a central line in me HOORAY!! No more pin cushion! Well come to find out from my nurse I have developed a yeast infection because of all the antibiotics ( my first one ever). I would call my mom everyday with the new thing I was diagnosed with and it kind of became our joke. If I was going to be in the hospital much longer she was going to fly down here to be with me but I told her not to worry about it yet.

Saturday morning the came in and said I could go home, I honestly had some mixed feelings. Don't get me wrong I don't love the hospital but i was in so much pain, I was now throwing up anything I ate or drank, I could hardly move and I just didn't feel 100% ok with it. I talked to my nurse and she said if I felt more comfortable staying we could tell my doctor but I decided to grin and bear it and I went home with my new side kick the woundvac.

Life still suck a bit I was getting better slowly but surely I was still out of work and they were coming every other day to change the woundvac. I am sooooo grateful for the amazing friends that I have and all of thier love and support!!

We thought I would have to have the vac on when I went home for christmas and I was stressed about figuring all that out but luckily I got it off after about a week and a half.


Pictures of my opened wound OUCH!!


No comments: