background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30 June 2010

This morning went as most mornings do. Get up, get ready, say hello to at least 30 people in the first 10 minutes of being up, get the kids ready for the day, etc. Today they didn’t have school because all the schools were getting together and playing “futbol” I joked and said it’s the mini world cup! So we made sure they all had waterbottles and snacks and were ready to go. Also since it’s Wednesday we were getting big blue ready to go to town. We made sure they had the shopping list, the list of people going and that big blue was in a state of getting there ok. Once they left it was calm and quiet for about 10 minutes when I was called to go outside; all the teachers from our kids school wanted to look around and get a tour before they went to the “world cup”. So Rafiki and I walked around and showed them around all the grounds and answered any questions they had. We then said our goodbyes and thanked them for coming then sent them to the games.
Rafiki and I then decided that it would be fun to take all the little ones to watch the games cuz they never get to get out and go somewhere so we asked the matron to make sure they all had clean nappies and shoes on and that we would leave at 9:00. We then came up here told Timon our plans and got our “snack” bag ready with lemons, buns and water just in case we were going to be there over break time. We loaded up Baby, Butterfly, Dee-Dee, N, Volume, Simon, Little Rat, Baby Girl, Jump, the preschool teacher and her daughter A in the green venture and sent off to watch some Futbol. Literally as we were parking Volume threw up so I unloaded everyone, cleaned her up and I helped navigate all our babies to a spot where we could put down a blanket to sit down and watch the game on. There were hundreds of kids there and so many kids there, they swarmed around us and just stared at us. After I got them settled down I got back in the car to take Volume back- poor baby I felt so bad for her, she was not acting like her self and you could tell she didn’t feel well. After I dropped her off I headed back out to the games. When I got there I saw that there was a huge crowd surrounding the girls and babies when I finally pushed my way to the center I asked them what was going on and they informed me that this is what it has been like since I dropped them off. There were literally like 120 kids surrounding us in a circle and moving in closer and closer our babies had no room to sit and couldn’t even see anything ( not that there was anything to really see since no games were being played yet, kids were just standing or running around and not an adult was in sight) after 20 minutes of stand there surrounded and the kids not leaving us alone we decided to pack the babies up in the car and head back to the orphanage, I was actually pretty upset that the kids had a waste of a day and that there were no adults there.
When we got back I got the worst stomach ache and felt like I was going to throw up, I just sat and read for awhile then I kept hearing Giggles crying so I went down and got him and rocked him for a bit and he fell asleep in my arms so I decided I would just sleep with him I was in and out of sleep for a bit then Sarabi came in at the perfect time since he was waking up I handed him off to her, I still tried to sleep for a bit. I kept hearing the kids and wanted to go play with them but couldn’t make myself go, I was actually kind of mad at myself cuz I wanted to spend every moment with the kids but my head and stomach weren’t allowing it.
Finally when all the kids got home I made myself go out there I just sat on the cement and played with Drama, Dee-Dee, Baby, Butterfly, Baby Girl, Simon, Volume, Little Rat and Froggy they played with my hair and counted the jewels on my shirt. Then we went back to play Lips say on one end of the teeter tooter and had like 6 girls sitting on the other side, it was actually pretty funny. I then looked up and saw Simon waving a huge knife around and running after kids with it, I ran up to him, took it, firmly told him no that’s dangerous and spanked him. I have no clue why that knife was just laying in the dirt. Then I went and checked on the kids who were getting their hair cuts, I looked up and saw Simon was chasing the girls who were climbing the playground with a huge stick and hitting them with it ( they thought it was funny and were egging him on) still I got after him again, I took it from him, told him no again and spanked him yet again. I then sat and watched Timon, Rafiki, Drama, Froggy, Dancer, Lips, Dee-Dee, Baby and Butterfly play some funny circle dance thing. I looked over and saw Simon throw a huge piece of wood at the dog so again I got after him then made him come sit by me, I don’t know what his deal is today but I still love him and am more then willing to give the tough love when it’s needed. I then gave him lots of loves and sent him on his way. Hands and I then went over and joined all the girls we played like 6 different games then it was time for bathes and I needed to go rest as I couldn’t fight the sick feeling any longer.
I came up and made dinner for us- toast, eggs, beans, and hashbrowns. After we ate Rock came in for a bit and talked to me I asked him when he’s 20 if I could marry him he said “No, 24, 22, 18, 30, 100” and then laughed cuz I told him I’d be dead by then. I then told Tude to come up here cuz I wanted to talk to her. I told her how proud I am of her and I how I really appreciate her attitude lately and how helpful she’s been. It’s been such an improvement and I am so incredibly proud of her ! I gave her a special treat then went down and did devotional with the kids. I am seriously so proud of them and so in love! Walking back to the flat I just stood there and stared at the sky there were so many stars and they seemed so close you could touch them. They are so breathtakingly beautiful I wish my camera would capture it but it won’t work. It literally is a blanket of stars. So beautiful! I wish I could begin to describe some of the beauty, It’s AMAZING!! There are some spots where there are so many clusters and small stars that it looks like a bright small light across the sky, I say it looks like the milkyway! SOOOOOO AMAZING!! I love every aspect about being here! My heart is so full of gratefulness, joy and love! Life can’t get any better!!
I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS BREATHTAKING BEAUTIFUL PLACE AND IT’S PEOPLE!
Butterfly

Hanging out in our flat

Hands, Abraham, Futball

Doing our clapping game with Hands

Simon helping with the babies

Butterfly, Dee-Dee and N

No comments: