background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

29 June 2011

This morning Zazu woke up not feeling well and Rafiki and I still weren’t feeling 100% so we decided to make it a low key morning. Scar called me down to a meeting with all the matrons at about 6:30 we discussed somethings that are a concern or things they wanted to talk about. It was a good meeting and we got a lot figured out. Then the 3 of us sat up in the flat and read and relaxed for a bit. Sarabi was in and out all morning so we were able to talk and visit with her which is always fun! I love Sarabi! She is so cute! She is a very hard worker and such a positive asset to this place! I then went down and got Giggles and brought him up here for a bit where I of course loved on him, played with him, kissed him and loved him. Then he had to go eat so I had to give him back.
Rafiki, Timon and I decided to go buy Nanches, while we were there we asked her if she knew of anywhere we couid buy lemons she said he neighbor has some and she would talk to him and then let us know. We then decided to take a drive to Murange to get a soda, we sat there and talked while we drank our soda’s and I finally broke down and bought a bag of chips that I really enjoyed as well. When we got back we just kind of did stuff up here we were going to play with some kids but both babies and Baby Girl were sleeping and the rest of them were in preschool.
After a while I heard babies crying so I went down and got both babies and brought them up here. Rafiki held Bugzy while he slept and I again played with Giggles, he is really starting to smile and he’s actually really strong so I put him on his tummy and did some tummy time with him which he really seemed to enjoy. When Bugzy woke up Rafiki had to do something so I twin styled it and fed both of them. While we were sitting there talking I came up with a story, I could get the nurse to forge a paper saying that I gave birth to the “twins” right after I got here so that’s why they don’t have American passports and since they are really only a couple weeks apart I would take them home and raise them as my “twins”.
Then R came up and taught us how to make peanut butter. We had to first sort out the peanuts and throw the “bad” ones into a different pile. Then we went down to her hut and roasted them. After we roasted them we had to take the skins off then we had to pound them in the dourie, then we had to grind them on stone and make our “creamy” peanut butter- it actually took so much longer then I thought and I will NEVER complain about the price of peanut butter again. It was fun to hang out with R and get to know her and her kids more, they just sat there and laughed at us the entire time.
Her daughter is the one that had the baby that I had to run to the clinic on the emergency last week sp she made me name the baby I told her to name him since it is her baby but she wouldn’t but she kept mentioning the name James so I “named” him James and she loved it! They are so funny cuz they kept mentioning things about how I was the “hero” of the day. It’s so sweet and kind how they keep saying stuff and of course I won’t lie it’s nice to be “looked” up to and “honored”. R and her family are so sweet and nice it was good getting to know them more.
When we got done and back to our flat it was after 6 so the kids were eating and doing devotional so I was a little bummed I didn’t get to do stuff with my kids- it’s hard going a whole day and not seeing them and playing with them. I took a quick shower and we were getting ready for bed but I couldn’t resist I had to run down and say hi and give them all hugs. When I walked in the all yelled Auntie Kourtin and ran to hug me it was so sweet- I felt they may have missed me a bit as well. They kept touching my hair- cuz it was wet and they thought that was so cool. We gave hugs and I said goodnight and sent them back to devotional.
When I came back up the girls and I ate then I did Rafiki and TImon’s hair. ( Rafiki I did the “net” and Timon I did the hairband twist- added a 2nd layer and a fishtail braid) I then washed Zazu’s hair for her. Man it was salon night up here then it was lights off and journal time. Man o Man I am so in love with these kids!! I really wish there was a way I could bring all 34 home with me! They are such amazing, smart, strong, brilliant, funny, awesome, cool, fun, sweet, absolutely beautiful children and I am so in love with each and every one of them!!
I am choosing not to think about the fact that this is over next week because it causes my heart to much pain and the emotions start to come. I am already planning my trip for next year but it is so amazing to me how much more in love with them I have fallen and how they have touched and changed my life yet again! I love it here! I truly do! It feels so natural and right to be here. I am soooooooooooo soooooooo sooooooooo in love- it can’t be described! I am so amazed and humbled at our workers they are such strong, honest, fun, great people. I love the relationships I am building with them as well. I just can’t say it enough I’m so in love with this place!! I love it here! I love my kids! I’m so blessed! I’m living a dream come true! I love it so much! I’m one very lucky girl! My life has been changed for the better once again!
IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE TO IN LOVE?!?
“You’ll be in my heart, yes you’ll be in my heart, from this day on now and forever more… no matter the distance you’ve got to hold on, you’ll see in time I’ll be there waiting!” I love them SO much!!
Me and baby James

The peanut butter process- the pictures are backwards









No comments: