background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

6 July 2010

This morning when I woke up I finished writing all the notes to the kids. Then the workers and kids keep coming in and needing help or needing this or that so I helped get food for school, keys, cooking oil, etc. I then went back to my flat and Nala was there waiting for me to finish my hair- so we began the extremely long- seems never ending- process. While my hair was getting done I visited with Rafiki, Timon, Belgium and any workers that came in I also had a few kids come up and color with me. Rafiki and TImon went back to the elementary school and we all were very impressed and want our kids to go there so badly! It was such a great school and a much better environment!
When they came back we had lunch (tomato sandwhiches), we talked and just hung out while my hair was getting done. The kids got home from school- I won’t lie I was a little disappointed that my hair was still getting done cuz I wanted to play with them and do stuff with the, So I had some kids come up and color with me, draw me pictures that I can put in my book with all their pictures. Then the ladies needed help bringing the water drums up so I had to take a break from getting my hair done and Queen, Froggy, Thinker and Rock jumped in the back of the truck to go with me. While the ladies were getting the water the kids and I stopped in to say hi to R and her family, they are such a great family and I really enjoyed getting to know them. We then went back up to the main area and Nala worked on my hair again, finally at 4 and after 9 hours total my hair was completely finished and fully braided!!! Hooray!!
Then Rafiki, Timon and I to Right home because we had bought his family some potatoes – we got out and said hi to his wife and a couple kids ( the others were out getting the cattles) we then went down to his parents house to say help/goodbye and to also give them some potatoes. They are such a sweet, amazing, kind family! We then stopped in town to grab one last coke while we were here. We drank our sodas and took our last final trip down the dirt road back to MCH  When we got back kids were getting water so I did a quick clean up of the flat, then Zazu and Scar got back so we helped them unload and visited for a moment, we talked to a few kids again and then the 3 of us decided to run up to say goodbye to N ( she has been sick the past few days so she hasn’t been coming down here)
We then came back down and started making dinner but then Tude came up to get us, they were done with the devotional and it was time for us to say goodbye. As I told them we were leaving tomorrow and that we love them and had so much fun so we were saying goodbye I got a little teary eyed. We then called the kids up one at a time and gave them their cards and hugged each of them individually. I was doing fine and then when Froggy came up she started crying so I did as well. After all the kids came up everyone kind of hung out while we kept hugging the kids, especially the ones that were really upset. I held onto Froggy and Rock most of the time because they were just sobbing ( the poor babies were just shaking.) Rafiki had her crew of crying kids, Timon had hers and I had mine we all just cried and hugged for a long time. Then it was time to go to bed so we gave our last hugs and said goodbye. When we came back up here we ate our dinner and packed our stuff up to get ready to go .
I can’t believe that it’s time to leave now! I’m so sad! I’m going to miss them so much and I can’t wait til I can come back! “They’ll be in my heart, yes they’ll be in my heart, from this day on now and forever more! No matter the distance- I’ll be here- now and forever more!” I’m soooo in love with these kids! Every single one of them! I’m so head over heels in love!!
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT HELLO IS GOODBYE!”











No comments: