background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

2 July 2010

How are we in July already? Time flew by way to fast! This morning Rafiki, Timon and I got up early because the plan was for us to go to town with Scar drop Sarabi and AP off, help AP with something then drive to Baby and Butterfly’s school to try and do some investigating to see if they are in fact being beat then we were going to drive by some ancient rock paintings in a cave on the way back. I say this is what we were supposed to do because like always everytime you make plans of some sort in one way or another things never go according to plans here so you learn really early to not get upset but to just roll with the waves and move on.
So we got to town and got to AP’s flat to help her with the computer but no surprise it wasn’t working so we left Timon there to try it and then Rafiki , Sarabi and I ran to the store to get some hair extentions because we want to braid our hair and become “Africian Women”.. We then went back to AP’s but since Timon had no success we decided to go to an internet cafĂ©- we were there for awhile so we worried that Scar would be mad that we were gone for so long so we went back to AP’s ( let me just say that I accomplished one of my fears today- I drove in town! I was so nervous to do it because #1 they drive on the wrong side of the road #2 stop lights are either non existent or they never work so needless to say I was worried- oh and did I mention that it is a standard- but I did a good job and we got around with no problems.) When we got back to AP’s she informed us that the green venture needs to be fixed so that we had to wait about an hour so we decided to walk up to the store and get a few things.
On the way there we stopped by Chicken In and got some lunch. Then we walked to Spar and got the things we needed and that AP asked us to grab. On the way back we stopped by the Creamery In and got ice cream and pasteries for M, AP, Scar and Sarabi. When we got back we were informed that we were still waiting so we tried to do something else on her computer and just hung around. Then Scar came back and told us that it would still be a bit and that we were probably going to need to take a bus, AP was against that idea so she asked us to wait for another hour. We finally got her computer to work so we downloaded a few things for her and helped her do a couple things. Then M came back and told us that the Venture was fixed so we finally set out on our way. We stopped by M’s house and then M and Scar ran into a butcher shop and while they were in there I moved the car up a bit and it was so awesome to see both of their faces when they came out and couldn’t see us.
Finally we got back to MCH and I played with the kids and help Jump find his bottle then I held him! ( he is getting so much better about being with white people!) The boys were in a dancing mood so they happily danced around for the camera then Little Rat saw that I was holding Jump and as always got jealous and “needed” to be held it was fine tho cuz Jump wanted to get down. Zazu and Belgium are coming back tonight or tomorrow morning so I am going to move into Rafiki and TImon’s room and give Belgium my bed so Little Rat helped me change sheet and stuff. Then I had Obama come up and help me take down and switch a couple mosquito nets ( we needed the bigger one in the room of 3). We then went down and ate supper, I then came up here to do a few things and get ready cuz I am sleeping with the boys tonight!! They are so excited and so am I!!! It’ll be so much fun! Oh I will write about the sleepover tomorrow- the boys will be here in a minute to get me!  Oh I don’t know if I mentioned it but yesterday as we pulled up Rafiki, Timon, Tude and I were standing in the back of the pick up and Simon was standing on the porch and yelled “Auntie Kourni!” Oh my gosh it melted my freaking heart!!!
The boys sleep over was much more calmer and quieter then the girls! The boys were asleep before 8:15pm. I didn’t know what to do with myself!  We had so much fun tho! We danced a bit, played with a flashlight, talked and hung out and then it was bed time. I AM SO IN LOVE WITH MY BOYS!!








No comments: