background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

5 July 1010

This morning after I woke up and was ready for the day Nala came over to finish twisting Rafiki’s hair so I helped for a bit and then went down to check on the little ones who were doing class. Bugzy was being a little fussy so I grabbed him and his bottle and brought them upstairs ( haha that’s what they call it but really it’s just up a few stairs on the little hill) to our flat. I played with him, feed him, got him to sleep and then cleaned up here a bit and finished a few things. Then Timon and I went to the primary school closer to us to look at the school, the class rooms and the teachers. We were considering moving our kids schools but want to make sure we do the best for the kid so they will get the best education possible.
When we got back Rafiki and Nala had surprised us by making some scones for us ( Chicken had one the other day and it looked so good so I have been bothering her to make some for me  ) DELICIOUS!! She then finished Rafiki’s hair and started on mine. She only worked on mine for like an hour and a half because she has invited all of us up to their place for dinner tonight so she wanted to go home and cook for us.
I had some of the kids come in and draw me pictures or write a little note for me for the photo album I am going to make I asked them my “interview” questions I had and I just sat up here and hung out with a bunch of my kids! Oh man I am really going to miss my kids!! I can’t believe the time is up and it’s time for me to go home! Nala had given Rafiki, Timon and I a Zambia ( a type of skirt they wear) so I put my Zambia on and a Duku ( a head material they wear). I walked down to the kids and said “ Look I am African” they all burst up laughing and so did the ladies in the kitchen! ( did I mention that I absolutely love it here and all the kids and people!)
Then the 5 of us went to Hyena and Nala’s for supper. She made potatoes, rice and they had some potatoes cut up in it, sorgom sudza, and chicken. It was so thoughtful and delicious! Chicken took the foot and ate the entire thing- like the little claw nails and all- I am not going to lie it kinda creeped me out. Then Scar gave us all totoms ( the ancestry that they are from) he first said I was a chameleon ( we all laughed hysterically cuz he has a huge fear of them) so we joked that I am his worst nightmare because I scared him that day and because I put him on house arrest. He then changed mine to wild cats because I hate rats and would have to kill them. Zazu is the snake, Belgium the dove, Rafiki the baboon and Timon the lion. We sat around and talked and joked some more and then took a group picture then
Scar had us stand in a circle and hold hands while he prayed. HE started off by saying how big of a difference we have made here, what a gift we have been, what a blessing we have been and he understands the sacrifices we gave made he also said we have touched Jesus’ heart! Then Hyena prayed for us and prayed individually for each of us in his prayer. He said how grateful they are for each of us and my personal favorite “ the difference I am making and will soon be making here ( I am not sure what exactly) and that my return is greatly anticipated, that I have done wonderful amazing work here and touched many” It was a nice prayer and a great evening spent with friends! I am seriously one very blessed girl! I’m so lucky to be living a dream come true! I AM SO BLESSED- MY HEART IS SO BIG!






















No comments: