background

Monday, September 12, 2011

Disney World

My friend asked if I would be willing to drive to Florida with her and the kids and help her by surprising the kids with a trip to Disney World with their grandparents, cousin and aunts and uncles. I told her she may have to twist my arm a little bit to get me to go with her... JUST KIDDING!! I freaking love Disney and was more then happy to go with them! I was very excited to see all of their faces cuz it was the first time to Disney for most of them (extended family included). The drive down there wasn't to bad we learned that we need a new seating arrangement for the drive back but lets be honest for 15+ hours in the car the 6 kids did GREAT!!

We got there the night before everyone else so we just hung out the next day til everyone got there the kids were a little curious and anxious since we were in a different place where they haven't "explored" so it was a little stressful on mom and Ki-Ki at times but they were so excited to see everyone when they arrived.

I don't remember the exact order we did things in but I'll post what we did. We went to see the ocean (it was a little to cold so we didn't swim we walked around and found shells instead). Then the older girls (16-30ish) age group took all the kids to a nearby park to play.

That evening after dinner their grandparents and aunt/uncle gave everyone a gift and inside was a certificate saying we were going to DisneyWorld with a shirt or jacket and a pair of Mickey ears! Everyone was soooooo excited!!

The next day we all went to Disney it was so crowded! We went the 30th of December but we all still had a blast! We were able to watch the parade, go on rides, see some characters and watch the fireworks! Going to Disney with kids makes such a magical place that much more magical! It was AMAZING!! It was so neat to see Disney thru their eyes! I think that everyone had an enjoyable time and 3 of the kids were asleep as we walked to the car. Thanks G'ma L and G'pa E for letting me join the family fun!!

The next day D and I had to run some errands to get ready to drive back to Texas so we ran to a couple stores and then that night we all hung out and brought the new year in together! We said our goodbyes that night since we were planning on leaving early the next day. We had rearranged the carseats and bought bread, peanut butter and jelly and snacks that I made while we were driving so we didn't have to make to many stops. The drive home went GREAT and I was happy to go! Thanks for the fun trip D!!







No comments: