background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1 July 2010

This morning I slept in a bit (by sleep in I mean 7). I got up and got ready then Sarabi asked me to take Volume to the clinic cuz she still wasn’t feeling well so Rafiki and I took her to the clinic where they gave her pills for malaria – I swear they diagnois everyone and everything as malaria, your stomach hurts? Malaria, your head hurts? Malaria, you’re bleeding? Malaria!! We then had to buy sugar for Sarabi so we ran by the show and got a drink as well. I decided that I love coke from a glass bottle it just tastes so much better! Yummy!!
When we got back Rafiki and I rehung all the school posters (they keep falling down so we extreme duct taped them!) Then we ate a late breakfast, I made a piece of toast with cheese, an egg, tomato and advacado- SOOOO YUMMY!! Then AP got here so I had to help her get the money out for pay day so I had to go thru the “money bra” and get her the money. She then decided that she didn’t have enough small bills so we she asked us to go to town and get smaller bills so we took 220 in 20 dollar bills and set of to get 10’s, 5’s, 2’s and 1’s. Well no one really had small bills or were willing to trade us unless we bought stuff so we went to about 12 different places including 3 beer halls and a bus for change, we actually did pretty well at accomplishing our goal and I got another coke out of it! :)
We then went back and gave AP the money we had got but we still weren’t sure if that would be enough but luckily it was only like 2 dollars off so it all worked out fine. Then T (the nurse) came to talk to our kids about the importance of hygiene and handwashing but since the kids were still at school he just hung out here til they got home. I then jumped on Big Blue and went with T.S. to get the kids. I love being on big blue! It is the bumpiest, funnest, loudest, most awesome ride! We got the kids and on the way back we did our “clapping” game and they tought me a few more. When we got back to MCH the kids went to watch/listen to the nurse and Rafiki, Timon, Scar and I went to the secondary school to talk about a few things and to follow up on Tude- they have seen a huge improvement in her!!!  We finished talking to them and set a few things straight then went back to my kids! 
I tried to teach the kids how to fly a kite but the wind stopped so we played horse shoes instead, while they were down getting water I helped AP put some clothes away. Then I talked to and played with the kids some more!!
Sorry my mind is not working straight and I’m tired so I am ending it early I will write more about today tomorrow.



















No comments: