background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

28 June 2011

Last night I came and slept on the couch cuz I was coughing non stop and I didn’t want to keep Zazu up since Zazu and Timon left early this morning. When they left I went in an laid in bed to try to get some more rest. While all the kids were at school Rafiki and I got the classroom ready by hanging up all the posters- numbers, letters, shapes, colors and calender. We also asked W ( one of our workers) if he would build a bookshelf for the room so we can set up a small library system where they can check out the books.
Also since I put Scar on house arrest ( I told him he is not allowd to drive, that he needs to stay here) we were able to discuss a lot and get a lot figured out. We talked about the guards and the kids safety, the matrons, the kids education, the outreach program, the clinic emergencies, we literally discussed and figured out everything. Such a great productive day!
Then when the kids got home we showed them the teacher changes in the classroom. Then Rafiki and I took Baby Girl and Little Rat with us to pick up Sarabi at the junction since she is coming in on the bus but she never came. When we got back we kept checking in on the “school” to make sure they were doing all their stuff.
When the kids were done we brought out a huge foam puzzle so we sat on the floor and did it with them, then Rafiki , the kids and I were going to play simon says but someone brought sugarcane so we all sat around and ate it. Mama and Futbol were laughing at the way we were eating it.
Then it was time to go get water. I was so proud of all the kids every single one of them went and got water without fighting us or arguing. I was so proud of them and how each of them worked. On the way back I walked up the hill to the drum with a bucket of water on my head I am so impressed and amazed at the things these guys do, they are so strong and hardworking- they simply amaze me more and more on a daily basis.
After we finished that and while they were bathing I played with Baby Girl and Simon and cleaned the flat. Then Rock and Abraham came up and taught me this game thing where you sing while you pass something back and forth it was fun and they kept adding people to it and trying to do it faster. Then they taught me a hand clapping game they were so patient with me as I made them keep doing it with me.
Then it was supper time Simon prayed – I love when he prays it’s so sweet and innocent! Then it was devotional time. I LOVE watching the kids do devotional they are so sweet and devoted, it’s just so humbling to listen to them and watch them praise their lord. They don’t take things for granted they are so happy with what they have. I am so proud of our kids and fall more in love with them everyday! I love these kids so much and want to take them all home with me! I am so proud of them for all they do. They teach me so much! MY HEART HAS GROWN ABOUT 34 TIMES BIGGER!!
It was so sweet Simon came up to R ( on of the matrons) today and said the inside of his ear hurt when she asked him why he said “the chicken bit me”. So cute! I guess a chicken bit him along time ago. I brought him up here and gave him so pain meds and he fell asleep in my arms SO PRECIOUS!

Eating sugar cane



Obama with his mummy baby

Mr GQ being silly

Girls being silly

Abraham

Simon helping fix the truck

No comments: