background

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

4 July 2010

Tude really wanted me to be the one to go with her to visit her grandma so Zazu, Tude and I headed into town since Sarabi and the girls were going back to town today we gave them a ride. Their girls are such gorgeous, fun girls! Their oldest couldn’t come but the younger two did P (10) and F (6) it was fun having them here with us. When we got to AP’s we explained our plans and dropped off a few things, we left Sarabi there cuz she was helping AP and Zazu, Tude and I set off. We got to her grandma’s house but unfortunately her grandmother was at church but her uncle and his mother in law where there, then his wife got home. Tude seemed to be ok with the fact that her grandma wasn’t there. She didn’t want to stay long so we were there for a short amount of time ( like 45 min). We then ran back to AP’s to find out if she needed us to go to the internet cafĂ© for her but she didn’t so we ran to the store to grab a few things and then headed back- I was pleased because my goal is to spend as much time as possible with the kids since I leave in a couple days.
When we got back I make Tude and I some lunch. Nala is braiding (really twisting) Rafiki’s hair- African style and tomorrow she is doing mine. So I visited and helped for a bit and then I went down to be with my kids! Hips, Dancer, Queen, Dee-Dee, Drama, Volume, Simon and Chicken built a house ( the same little house that they always build) we played house, then they sang their standard songs for me, then it was back to house where Hips made “food” for us and we did “church”. They then found their way back to my “slippery” hair as they call it. After that I taught Abraham, Rock and Clown how to play jackpot but instead the jackpot was 20 dollars and they had to do their math to add it ( great math game). Then Timon and I did one for the money with a few of the boys and then we played some more with the kids.
Since it’s the 4th we made us an “American” dinner we made grilled cheese sandwiches, beans, pea pods, mango and avocado slices with a coke to drink and a pastry for dessert. It was a fun night we ended with music and talking like every other night! LET FREEDOM RING!


















No comments: