background

Monday, May 16, 2011

18 June 2010

Today since the kids were at school and things were taken care of here we decided to have a bit of a low key morning ( the sudden cold weather has us all feeling a bit under the weather and my leg has still been bothering me). So while Timon slept Rafiki went down to check on the preschoolers and I brought Baby Girl and Little Rat up here with me. We colored and danced to music then played on the couch and looked out the window. When Rafiki got back and Timon woke up I took the little girls back down and the 3 of us just hung out, it was really cold today so we had to really bundle up to stay warm, I ended up falling asleep and took a pretty good nap.

When the kids got home from school we decided that we wanted to take them to the damn again so they had to quickly wash their school uniforms and get things ready for tomorrow since it is the sabbath. Timon, Rafiki and I then took all the kids that are old enough to walk there to the damn ( there were 21 of them). We stayed there for quite a while talking, throwing things down the rock ( little round fruits from a nearby tree and a ball) and of course we slid down the rock where me and like 4 of the kids got holes in our pants. I probably shouldn't encourage it but it is so much fun and it's nice to let the kids be kids and do something fun and care free.

When we got back they all had to bathe and then it was time for supper. After supper the kids led their own devotional ( it is always so humbling to me to see how devoted to God these kids are- they are so grateful for what they have, I am so proud of our kids!) We then brought the fun kids cd down and danced and sang with them. It was so great to just let everyone hang loose and be silly and man oh man do we have some great dancers!

I am so in love with these kids! I wish I could take them all home and protect them from everything and help them become the amazing, smart, talented kids I know they are! I love them so much! YOU'LL BE IN MY HEART FROM NOW AND FOREVER MORE! ( i started singing this song to them last year and everytime I hear it I think of them! I love them so much!)






Playing on the dam








we made it!

No comments: