background

Monday, May 16, 2011

17 June 2010

Well last night after I wrote we brought the music out and started dancing- we then warmed up our feet in some hot water cuz it got really cold really fast. After that Rafiki and Timon went to bed and Zazu and I stayed up talking and listening to music. We heard a truck leaving and it was like 10:00pm so Zazu and I went out and started yelling for the guard but no one was answering or coming so we walked down to where our cars are and there was no truck and no guard we kept calling out for the guard but still got no response so we started walking towards the gate and the guard finally came running to us. We asked him what was going on and he said that one of the workers needed a ride home so Scar said that D could take her- we were a bit concerned and angry because what if there was an emergency or something and the guard wasn't around- this is not the first time something like this has happened so something needs to be done.

Zazu and I were apparently sleep talking to eachother all night which is funny and random since neither of us have ever done that before. So we woke up extra tired today and I think with the sudden cold weather that it is throwing all of us off. There was a funeral in the community today so Scar wanted the 4 of us girls to go. We took a bag of Maize with us, they had their church group there and the chief came so after we all did our hellos and introduced ourselves the church group preformed a song and had us get up and dance with them. They wore these huge drums and played them while they sang and danced it was actually really interesting, we left before the did the actual burial and stuff.

On the way back we stopped by the clinic because Obama wasn't feeling well, while we were waiting I decided that I would make them vegetable soup for diner since it was so cold. So when we got back I began cutting the veggies with the help of Rafiki, Timon, Sarabi and Nala. We then decided to do a test cake run for the birthdays that are coming up so Zazu, Sarabi and I worked on that we had an adults women day.

I then went down to play with Volume, N, Dee-Dee and Baby Girl for a bit and by play with them I mean they "did" my hair for me. I then got a pleasant surprise by seeing Simon ( he had to go back to the doctor to get his legs checked so he has been gone for a few days). The kids then got home from school so while they were up doing classes with Mr. B I did an exercise class with: Mr Leech, Dee-Dee, Queen, Drama, N, Volume, Simon, Baby Girl and Jump. It was so cute seeing them doing push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, and laps.

Some of them had to go up to class so I began making supper- with the help of many little ones under my feet. I then continued playing with kids and caring for crying babies. Then the older kids came down so I was trying to help them with their homework while keeping all the little ones entertained. I felt like I argued with alot of kids today it seemed like no one was listening to me and taking baths when it was time to- it could have just been me tho since I was tired and not feeling to well.

Finally it was dinner time, it wasn't really a soup since we added to much rice so it more so became rice and veggies. It wasn't a huge hit by all but some of them really enjoyed it we then gave everyone a very small piece of cake and that got a huge response! After nightly devotional it was homework time Mr. GQ, Tude and Lips weren't really willing to do it so it was like pulling teeth trying to get them to get it done, they finally finished so I sent them down to bed.

We started our girls night! We invited Sarabi and Nala to come join us and Nala's daughter Chicken was here as well. The aunties washed our hair and then we all painted our fingernails and danced, they showed us how to do their African dances and we showed them how to do our American dances we had so much fun laughing and being together. We finished the night by having chocolate and tea before saying goodnight and watching them walk home. We finished our nightly tasks and called it a night. GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!












Dancer, Hair, Little Rat, Hands, Baby Girl and Rock


Rock and Babygirl



Me with Clown and Little Rat



Clown and Little Rat



Rock and the fire he built all by himself



Dee-Dee, N, and Volume licking out the chocolate bowl



The women cooking



Scar and Sarabi



We soaked our feet in some hot water, it was cold out



Washing our faces

No comments: