background

Monday, August 1, 2011

23 June 2010

This morning I slept in as much as possible ( 6:30) cuz I was up half the night coughing. When I got up and got ready I helped get things figured out so they could go to town ( every wednesday Big Blue take patients and others who need to go into Mutare to visit the hospital). Then Rafiki and I sat around read, helped people when they came in and tried to relax a little. We then went down and played with N, Dee-Dee, Volume, and Simon. We started playing a game where Rafiki was the safe point and I would chase after them and get them before they got to Rafiki. It then turned into a game where they would all run away and I would hide so when they would come back I would scare them half to death leaving us all laughing. They then moved inside so Little Rat, Ash ( a workers daughter), and A started playing with us. We did this for awhile then it was thier quiet time so we came back up to our flat.

I saw that Scar was coming (thru the window) so I told the girls I was going to scare him I went and stood so when the door opened I would be behind it. He opened the door and started talking to Rafiki and Timon so I jumped out scaring him so bad I was crying from laughing so hard! We all thought it was the funniest thing! He then told us that at 2 he was leaving to go on an out reach and wanted us to go with him. We did a few things around here, went and ate lunch with the kids and then I fell asleep for about a 1/2 hour. We then got into the truck to leave but had to stop and pick up Mr. Leech from school cuz he got left there. I felt so bad and was kind of mad that they didn't do a head count to make sure they got all the kids.

We then drove forever and went to see a Go-Go she is probably in her 80's can barely walk and is very hunched over. I felt so bad for her and I am glad that I don't have to see my own grandparents like that- flies were even eating at her open wounds- so sad!! We then stopped at the Bull Auction so Scar could talk to someone but us girls were a bit mad because we felt super uncomfortable there were 70+ men there ( most of them were drunk) just staring at us- so creepy. When we finally got back home we discussed what to do about Tude, we then called her up to talk to her so she apologized and stuff but I made it known she is still getting a punishment ( it is NOT ok to threaten someone with an ax). Then Big Blue came back and Zazu is finally back so we talked about stuff that's been happening and now it's time to wind down and head to bed!

I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM!!




Abraham


Simon


Girls beds with mosquito nets


Braids sewing her skirt


Jump and Little Rat napping


Lips and Bugzsy


Our matron cleaning

No comments: