background

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Enchanted Rock

Over Easter Break some people from the ward invited me to join them on a trip to Enchanted Rock which is a Texas state park to go repelling and mountain climbing. I was so excited and grateful that they invited me to go. We drove for about 6 hours (maybe) to get to their cabin when we got there the M family was already there. It was pretty late so we just got beds figured out we had 12 people staying in a not so big cabin.

The next day we went up to Enchanted Rock where we hiked up a bit and did our first repel down the medium size cliff. It was so much fun and such an amazing feeling!! We spent some time up there and then some of us hiked up to thru the cave. It was a tight small cave but so much fun! I love going thru caves and simply being out in nature! It was so beautiful out there! We then went and got swim suites and went to swim in the damn (river) in town we jumped off the side into the water (10 stories) and then we went and got dinner. I am having so much fun and am so grateful to be here!!

The next day we went into town and did some shopping looked at all the little shops then got lunch before we went back to the rocks where we did the small repel and the big one the small one was fun and we all did it a few times and then we moved to the other side of the rock for the big repel 80 feet!! It was so intense! I was so scared and nervous but it was such a thrilling experience to do an 80 foot repel! We have been having so much fun here! That evening my back really began bothering me so I took some pain pills and got a heating pad.

The next day we went to church before we headed out of town. My back was hurting me so bad that I couldn't help it anymore and started crying the A's were so good to me and gave me meds and tried to keep me comforted on the drive back. I am not sure what is causing my back pain I don't know if it is a herniated disc again or what but I was in so much pain..

Aside from all the pain I had a blast!! I would go again and again! It was such a great experience! Thanks A family for taking me with you!!

















No comments: