background

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Got Milk?

Annabel gets breast milk through her feeding tube a vies times a day, we get the milk from the milk bank and while it is an amazing company for all they do they pasturize it which takes some of the nutrients out of it. I have heard that mom's can induce lactaion to nurse thier babies so I decided I would give it a try and see if I could do it for Annabel, well after hormone pills, certian foods, and LOTS of pumping we have MILK! While it is still the beginning stage and lots of pumping with little amounts of milk I am honored and privilged to do this for Bella. I love that I am able to give her something that few people have and know that I have done something for this amazing little girl!!!

Here is the first amount of my milk I gave her about 3 ounces


Here I am bolusing the milk into her tummy, yummy!


This is my little pumping station in my bedroom


This is my milk from the past day and a half 6 ounces!!!





I know some people may think this is wierd or gross but I am so proud! I did this! It is from me! I am helping Boo! I'm thrilled!

(I know this seems like a small amount but to me it is huge hopefully it will continue to increase!)

4 comments:

The Snell Family said...

I think what you are doing is amazing. It is such a wonderful gift. no more trips to the milk bank. I know that for the 7 months that I pumped to feed Arianna I knew I was doing all I could to give her a healthy start. It was a wonderful feeling knowing that I was the only one who could.
Plus the bouns of lactating, the weight loss!!!!! Good luck, I hope it continues to go well. Oh and eat lots of alffa sprouts, it really boosts the amount of milk you produce.

The Snell Family said...

okay so I meant alfalfa, there is no spell check for comments.

Cathy said...

I am so honored that you love her so much. I see daily your discipline to pump so routinely and that got to such great lengths to do what is best for Annabel. Thank you for all you do...

connie said...

6 oz, 3 oz .... I can't believe you ever worried about producing milk! You're born for it!