background

Thursday, July 15, 2010

10 June 2010

Dear Journal

Well yesterday started extremely early since I had to be to the shuttle by 5:45 so J Dawg was nice enough to drop me off. I got into Houston by 7:30, I checked in and went through security, since I had 4 hours til my plane left I sat around, read, called and texted a few people to say good bye. I then got to Washington DC where I had another layover and I waited for Rafiki and Timon to get there since we were on the same flight the rest of the way. While we were waiting we got dinner, while we were eating I told them all about the orphanage, my kids and everything, I think it has finally hit me that I am going back!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! We then boarded our 17 hour flight to Ethiopia- very uneventful- we slept, read, ate, watched tv and talked. On the way we had to stop in Rome ( man I wish that was the place that we were staying over night in, then I could sight see!), we then continued the rest of the way to Ethiopia once we got there we had to go through immigration, customs, get our luggage, and find out about our hotel. We then boarded the shuttle bus ( 20 bags + 10 people into a small bus = VERY CROWDED) Once we got to the hotel we unloaded our stuff and got our rooms. They gave us 3 rooms but the 3 of us + 10 bags decided we would room together for a cozy night! We then went down ate dinner and are now going to be to do it all over again tomorrow.. I CAN'T WAIT


Rafiki and Timon


Rafiki and I

1 comment:

Lori Knobel said...

You guys are so stinkin' cute... =)